JOB TITLE: Child Protection Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Club Executive Committee
Approachable with friendly manner
Prepared to pass on concerns to professional agencies when necessary
MAIN DUTIES - JOINT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ensure that the child protection procedures are understood and adhered to by all members.
- Establish and maintain the complaints procedures.
- Attend the scUK workshop ‘Good Practice & Child Protection’ (renewable every three years).
- Be familiar with current child protection legislation and The Children Act 1989.
- Understand the NGB child protection procedures, rules and regulations.
- In the event of a complaint being made ensure that the complaints procedures are met and see the procedures through to the final decision.
- If unable to attend any executive committee meeting, a report/apologies should be sent to the secretary.