What is Smash in2 Badminton?
Smash in2 Badminton is a regular programme of badminton sessions offered in the community. Sessions are aimed at anyone looking for a relaxed, informal and fun badminton experience. The structure of the sessions can be pay and play format. Sessions are flexible and can be for juniors, adults or families or any other.
What is the purpose of Smash in2 Badminton?
Potentially every person in Scotland has experienced Badminton at one stage in their life. Badminton is a great sport for keeping ﬁt and healthy as well as meeting new people. Smash in2 Badminton sessions will give participants an opportunity to play, learn new skills and make new friends. They can be set up around the country for mass participation in a semi-structured environment.
What is the format?
Smash in2 sessions may have a coach, organiser or leader delivering the sessions or they may just be an opportunity for people to get together and play, without someone overseeing the sessions. Smash in2 leaders can access the organiser’s resource to support with delivery and planning sessions.
Who can organise Smash in2 Badminton?
Leisure Trusts, Local Authorities, Facilities, Active Schools, Sports Development
What do I need to set up Smash in2 Sessions?
- An adequate facility, ideally 2 or more badminton courts.
- An coach/leisure attendant or volunteer to oversee sessions.
- Rackets and shuttles (Find price list here)
Smash In2 and wider sports development?
Smash In2 sessions can be linked with existing clubs if participants want to progress.
Registering a Smash In2 Badminton Session
Registering a Smash In2 session with BADMINTONScotland is FREE. Existing pay and play sessions can rebrand and register as a Smash in2 Badminton session to access all the beneﬁts. To register a new or existing session, complete the online form here.
Re-register your Smash In2 session here
What are the benefits for organisers?
- Income generation opportunities
- Enhanced membership package
- National marketing and promotion
- Access to free training for organiser/coach/session leader
- Use of the Smash In2 logo
- Marketing resources including template posters
- 10 week lesson plans
- Discounted places for deliverers on BADMINTONscotland Coach Education Courses
Participants of sessions can sign up to be a FREE Smash In2 member with Badminton Scotland. The benefits include:
- Access to Smash In2 Events and Competitions around the country.
- Discounted courts at Sir Craig Reedie Badminton Centre.
- Entry into free prize draws.
- Exclusive membership offers.
What are the next steps?
Register your session to access the benefits
All that Badminton Scotland require in return is an average weekly attendance given once a year in June and support to promote Badminton Scotland FREE Smash In2 membership
For more information or enquiries, please contact Lyndsay Morrison (Head of Engagement) or your Regional Development Officer (contact list here)