Pathway Club Programme
Pathway clubs focus on providing players aged 7 – 12 years of age with structured weekly coaching sessions that equip the players with the key skills and competencies required to be a successful badminton player within a positive and caring club environment. The Pathway Club programme links directly with the National Junior programme whereby each pathway club will be visited by an allocated national coach twice per year. Where appropriate, club coaches will be part of the coach mentor programme, following an action plan to progress and develop coaches from within each pathway club.
The programme has been developed to:
- Maximise the number of children training locally, allowing the base of those participating at a young age to expand
- Create a national programme allowing children from areas out with the central belt to participate
- Strengthen the club and coaching infrastructure through mentoring and ongoing support through regional staff.
- Provide a more inclusive approach
- Provide a long-term player pathway encouraging lifelong participation in the sport
- Increase tournament entries
- Create a stronger pathway
The Programme Aims
Scottish clubs have an important role to play in the development of junior players and through this programme, Badminton Scotland will support our clubs to provide junior players with the necessary infrastructure to be successful.
From a club perspective it will ultimately:
- Deepen the understanding of key concepts involved in providing a structured training programme
- Strengthen core knowledge of training techniques and how to apply them
- Develop knowledge of local, regional and national tournaments
- Create and implement a dynamic and deliverable training plan to help further develop players
- Help to learn collaboratively with like-minded clubs at similar stages of development
- Provide training and development opportunities for club coaches and aspiring club coaches
For full information including club criteria, download the Club Information Pack
Applications for Pathway clubs are now open. To apply for your club to be considered for the pathway club programme, please fill in the application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/tuJWN4T26dXxxmNI3 Closing date for application forms is Friday 15th June 2018.
If you would like an informal chat about the programme, contact Bill Hogg, Coaching and Development Manager on 0141 445 1218