Successful badminton nations from all over the world have strong club structures and support their clubs to assist in the process of producing world class players. Scottish clubs have an important role to play in the development of players and through this programme, Badminton Scotland will support our clubs to provide the necessary infrastructure to be successful.
The Pathway Club Programme has been designed to identify clubs that have the capacity to grow, implement & develop an environment & culture to improve the opportunities, experiences and standard for players of all ages and abilities to both participate and progress in Scottish badminton.
Purpose & Aims
- Develop a strong club structure that caters for players of all ages and abilities allowing players to both participate and progress in badminton.
- Maximise the number of players participating and training locally, allowing the base of those playing at a young age to expand.
- Strengthen the club and coaching infrastructure through mentoring and ongoing support through Badminton Scotland including courses & workshops.
- Develop an inclusive environment by providing opportunities to those with a disability.
- Provide a long-term player pathway encouraging lifelong participation in the sport including non-playing opportunities such as coaching, volunteering, officiating, event organisation etc. (increase participation, improve standard & retain players).
- Create formalised links between Pathway Clubs and Badminton Scotland’s Junior Regional Performance Squads (RPS) allowing players to access more performance opportunities within their Group Region.
- Providing transitional phases between Pathway Clubs and Badminton Scotland Performance programmes.
- Increase tournament & competition entries nationwide in conjunction with the 9 Regional Groups.
- Maxise the opportunity for Badminton Scotland to work with key partners to make an impact together by collectively growing, developing and supporting badminton in Scotland.
- Help to learn collaboratively with like-minded clubs at similar stages of development.
- Access to Coach Developer programmes.
- Further mentoring opportunities available for coaches through RPS sessions.
- Regional & National Pathway Club Workshops, throughout the year for Pathway Club Coaches.
- Closed Pathway Club Facebook Group invitation (sharing good practice/ideas/learning).
- Curriculum for use in the development and coaching of young players.
- Additional support from BS Team including RDOs, Competition Co-ordinator & Performance Team.
Download full Pathway Club Information Pack here!
Badminton Scotland is currently working with the following Pathway Clubs:
A.B.A (formerly ‘Aberdeen Badminton Academy’)
Allander Badminton Club
Caithness Badminton Association
City of Glasgow Badminton Club
Cults Badminton Club
Edinburgh Badminton Academy
Erskine Badminton Club
Forthside Badminton Club
Glasgow Badminton Academy
Irvine Junior Badminton Club
Orkney Badminton Association
Perth Junior Badminton Club
Wing Badminton Club
If you would like an informal chat about the programme, please contact Badminton Scotland’s Head of Engagement Nicky Waterson at email@example.com or call 0141 445 1218
Last Updated: 9th October 2023