Badminton is the 2nd biggest participation sport in the world and we are looking for the right person to join our team to develop innovative engagement strategies to connect up the sport and showcase our growing community and world class players.
It is an exciting time to get involved in Badminton with lots of club, community and high performance activity.
Our ambition is to be the biggest participation sport in the country, bringing people and communities together through Badminton. We are on an exciting journey to show that Badminton is a diverse sport for everyone and can be enjoyed at all levels from social and recreational play all the way through to our high performance players.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and motivated marketing / communications professional to play a key role delivering our strategic objectives through partnerships across Badminton and the wider sport sector in Scotland.
As part of the Senior Management Team, the duties include the following:
- Creating and implementing marketing campaigns for key events and programmes
- Brand management (across all output and events)
- Creating and managing content for our website and social media channels
- Establishing effective communication plans across the Badminton network and with external partners, sponsors and press/media
- Engaging with the 150,000 regular Badminton players that are not members of Badminton Scotland
- Building the profile of our players on the global circuit
- Supporting the wider team to increase membership and commercial/sponsorship activities
- Analysis of online data and analytics, reports, and insights to inform decision making
We are keen to receive applications from candidates who have the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Marketing / Communications or equivalent degree
- Strong strategic thinking and commercial awareness
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail with the ability to effectively monitor and evaluate the achievement of objectives
- Confident in using Microsoft Office applications and all social media platforms (plus MailChimp)
- Campaign planning and execution
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of people and in a variety of formats and styles
- Proven time management skills with the ability to meet hard deadlines
- Development of digital analysis tools and strategies to improve customer and market insight
If you want to be part of a friendly and energetic team and are passionate about making an impact on communities and people’s lives then this is the job for you.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and communities to ensure that Badminton Scotland represents everyone involved in our sport. We are a governing body that values equality, diversity, and inclusion and have a culture of providing a supportive and inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience are best suited to the Marketing role email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range is currently £24,000 to £27,000 depending on experience, with a generous annual leave entitlement, paid sick leave and access to a contributory pension scheme.
Deadline for applications is Friday 16th February. If you would like to discuss the position further, please contact Keith Russell, CEO at email@example.com or 07852235276 or Grania Shankley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07949165801.