We are a company that values diversity and inclusion, so are keen to welcome applications that support us being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
About the role
As the Performance Administrator you will provide efficient administration services to our Performance Coaching team and support services to the Board and SLT (Senior Leadership team). In addition, you will be the point of contact for the Badminton World Federation and Badminton Europe monitoring communications and collating information and responses as required.
We have four distinct performance squads – Junior, Development, Senior and Para – and the Performance Administrator role covers all four of these programmes.
The role also provides administrative support for the Board and SLT meetings ensuring accurate minutes and recording of key decisions and completed actions, and the monitoring of the Performance team budgets.
From time to time there will be additional support needs as required by the coaches and athletes.
This role will require you to respect confidentiality at all times and carry your work out with integrity.
There is the possibility for this role to be a job-share role, dependant on applications received.
Skills and Qualifications
- The ability to prioritise competing demands under pressure and set deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills & proven experience of multi-tasking
- Professional and friendly demeanour
- High level of written communications and sound working experience of Microsoft packages
- Thorough attention to details
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
- Confidence to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Capacity to maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times
Experience & Personal capabilities
- At least 4 years in a similar role
- A knowledge of badminton competitions would be beneficial
Duties and responsibilities
- Time sensitive management of tournament entries, co-ordinating tournament entries and global travel requirements.
- Co-Ordinate and manage individual player agreements, various grants and awards programmes, and liaise with the Head Coach for allocation and management of grants for qualifying Senior Squad Athletes.
- Liaise with the National Head Coach, sportscotland Performance Liaison and Partnership managers to ensure that all Performance administration is current and effective.
- Monitor the Performance team budgets and provide updates as required by the Performance team
- Act as the focal point for communications between Badminton Scotland, BEC and BWF, disseminating key information where appropriate.
- Plan, manage, schedule and minute all Performance Team and High Performance Group (HPG) meetings.
- Plan, manage, schedule and minute all Board and SLT (senior leadership team) meetings.
- Organise meetings and activities as required by the CEO and SLT with internal and external partners, sourcing additional information when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to events and competitions when necessary.
Board meetings are held every 10 weeks on a Wednesday evening; AGM, Half-Yearly and Board-SLT meetings are held 3 times a year on Sundays, so availability to work these hours is essential.
Time of in Lieu is offered for all time worked out-with normal (9am – 5pm) working hours.
Salary & Benefits
£27,000 per annum
31.5 days holiday, increasing with service
7% employer pension contributions
Blended working environment
Paid sick leave
Cycle to Work scheme
In your cover letter we would like you to explain how your skills and experience are best suited to enhance the effective administration for the Performance Team and wider business of Badminton Scotland. Additionally, please demonstrate how you’ve applied effective planning and administration skills in real working conditions.
Application deadline : 08th February 2023
Interview date : 10th February 2023
Ideal start date : ASAP
We have a preference for face to face interviews, however remote interviews using Microsoft Teams may be an option.
If you require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience, we welcome you to inform us confidentially at the same time as sending in your cover letter and CV.
All candidates are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits.
How to apply: email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org