Badminton Scotland are looking for an energetic, motivated person who enjoys working in a varied and dynamic role. Working with the Senior Leadership Team, Performance Coaches and National squad athletes, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of providing an excellent standard of organisational and administrative support in a similar role.
About the role
As the Performance Co-ordinator you will provide efficient administration services to the Performance team and National Squad including organising travel, budget management and communication with Badminton Europe Confederation (BEC) and the Badminton World Federation (BWF). In addition, you be working closely with the Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team and Board Members to provide administrative support that underpins the effective governance of the company.
You will also assist the Head of Finance to effectively co-ordinate the delivery of the administrative functions across the company ensuring effective prioritisation of work.
This role will require you to respect confidentiality at all times and carry your work out with integrity
Skills and Qualifications
- The ability to prioritise competing demands under pressure and set deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills & proven experience of multi-tasking
- Professional and friendly demeanour
- High level of written communications and sound working experience of Microsoft packages
- Thorough attention to details
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
- Confidence to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Capacity to maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times
Experience & Personal capabilities
- At least 4 years in a similar role
- A knowledge of badminton competitions would be beneficial
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage Senior Performance Budget and individual player agreements, manage tournament entries, travel, visas and accommodation for the Senior Squad Athletes and Coaches.
- Liaise with the National Head Coach, Performance Coaches and Senior Squad athletes to ensure the Senior Team administration is current and effective.
- Manage various Awards and Grants Programmes, and liaise with the Head Coach for allocation and management of grants for qualifying Senior Squad Athletes.
- Act as the focal point for communications between Badminton Scotland, BEC and BWF, disseminating key information where appropriate.
- Plan, manage, schedule and minute all Board, Performance Team and High Performance Group (HPG) meetings, and occasional sportscotland meetings.
- Organise and take notes and actions from the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) meetings, to ensure that key deadlines and business objectives are met.
- Organise meetings and activities as required by the CEO and SLT with internal and external partners, sourcing additional information when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to events and competitions when necessary.
Salary & Benefits
- £25,000 per annum
- 31.5 days holiday, increasing with service
- 7% employer pension contributions
- Blended working environment
- Paid sick leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
In your cover letter we would like you to explain how your skills and experience are best suited to enhance the effective administration for the Performance Team and wider business of Badminton Scotland. Additionally, please demonstrate how you’ve applied effective planning and administration skills in real working conditions.
Application deadline : 20th July 2022
Interview dates : 25th to 27th July 2022
We have a preference for face to face interviews, however remote interviews using Microsoft Teams may be an option.
How to apply: email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org